Institute for Village Studies (IVS) will offer a bi-annual scholarship for students participating in IVS programs. Every Summer and Fall we will offer two scholarships of $250 each. The two scholarships awarded in the Summer that can be applied to either the Vietnam or Nepal program.
Summer Application Deadline: June 15, 2019 (Decision by June 30, 2019)
The second application cycle will open in the Fall quarter; students can use the award for upcoming winter programs in Thailand and Rwanda. Please stay tuned for Fall application Details.
Are you Eligible to Apply?
- You must be accepted to an IVS program leaving in the summer or fall 2019 (stay tuned for scholarship opportunities for winter programs)
- 2.75 GPA
- Demonstrate financial need OR identify with an underrepresented group in education abroad programs. For the purpose of this scholarship, diversity is defined broadly. To be an underrepresented student in study abroad, diversity might include: being a first-generation university student, being from a rural community, having a diverse ethnic or racial background, having a physical or cognitive disability, having a diverse sexual orientation and/or gender identity, being of a non-traditional university student age, having high financial need, being a veteran, and more.
- Fill out the form below & upload the required documents.
- Submit an essay of no more than 750 words answering the following questions:
- How will your study abroad experience help you accomplish your academic, professional and personal goals?
- How do these goals fit into the mission of IVS?
- What are some steps you have made to achieve these goals thus far?
- How will this scholarship help you meet your financial obligation/need?